Lullaby Jumpstart

Friday, July 22, 2005

Signs that in the past two months I may have shibbied too much

1. I've started sorting my laundry on my bedroom floor in piles called "Worn Once To Work", "Worn Twice To Work", "Worn Out to Bar, Still Smells Alright", "Worn Out To Bar, Smells of Smoke", "Went out somewhere, couldn't say where, and not sure what this smells like", and "Ew!"
2. People at work accustomed to seeing me look tired have now started commenting on any given day that I "Don't Look So Bad".
3. I keep a running total in my head of my checking account balance, knowing how much money I can spend at any given time on drinks and still have money left for a cab. (This one doesn't sound so bad, until people say "Hey wanna go out tonight?" And I reply, "Sure. I have 147.53 in my account so I can have three drinks if we go to a bar on the north side, two drinks if we go to a bar on the west side, and water if we go downtown.")
4. I pick my shoes based on whose couch I will be sleeping on. (Flip flops for people who have nice furniture.)
5. Getting on the train @ Western and getting off one stop later @ Damen to puke in a trashcan, all the while yelling at a passenger to hold the door because, "I'm running late for work, and I'll only be a second."
6. Taking power naps at the first bar I go to because I want to be refreshed for the four a.m. bar.
7. Pushing people out of the way on the el in the morning because if I don't get a sideways seat that is against the wall then I won't have anything to hold my head up.
8. After not getting the sideways seat, standing at the edge of the partition by the el door slowing edging closer to the person leaning on it, thereby making them scoot over and giving me partition space. Eventually we share or they just move.
9. Falling down on the el because I've just fallen asleep while only half of my body was leaning on the el partition and the train came to a sudden stop.
10. Using the word "shibbied" for partied, went out, got drunk etc.
11. Not remembering where I learned the term "shibbied" but I know it was hysterical.
12. Shaving midday at work because I know I am too hungover in the morning to do it and too drunk to even attempt it before I go to bed.
13. There would be more to add to this list but I am too hung-over right now to finish it and I want to make sure that I have time to eat and take a nap during my lunch hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home