Lullaby Jumpstart

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tryptophan

tryptophan
Over the scotch
And over Thursday
What is left is

Vitriol

If I could
shunt our dueling pedestals
into a toy chest that neither of us had
I would.

‘cuz the screaming ain’t cuttin’ it
and I don’t care who’s a redneck

change change change
I can’t spare any
And all you have is tattoos with a difference
A car battery for a CD player
And a hitchhiker's mind you can’t account for

Cuz’ I ain’t a snob, just short for the money
And I’m proud of what I bled for
so don't brand me an artist in that tone of voice

competition makes you nauseous
and I fail at competing
And this holiday is not for favorites
But for well-wishing over all things abject

Which is how we were raised
And what we forget
That we grew, even while separate
Together,
Weeds tended by the distant

and we have never stopped sprouting
stalks of corn grown from the same shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home